The Sun Sentinel:Road closures coming to downtown West Palm Beach for All Aboard Florida construction
Posted on May 7, 2015
All Aboard Florida work begins in downtown West Palm Beach. Expect road closures.
Some streets will be closed at the Florida East Coast Railroad in downtown West Palm Beach beginning Sunday to prepare for construction of All Aboard Florida‘s new station.
Several railroad crossings are getting upgrades with crosswalks, signs and signals.
- Between Sunday and May 13, Hibiscus Street will be closed at the railroad, which is just west of Quadrille Boulevard.
- Between May 17 and May 20, Gardenia Street will be closed.
- Between May 24 and May 27, Fern Street will be closed.
- Between May 31 and June 3, Clematis Street will be closed.
- Between June 7 and June 10, Banyan Boulevard will be closed.
- Between June 14 and June 17, Third Street will be closed.
- Also from May 11 to May 29, the intersection at Rosemary Avenue and Evernia Street will be closed.
The West Palm Beach station is one of three being built in South Florida as part of All Aboard Florida’s plan to provide passenger service on the FEC tracks between Miami and Orlando. The station will be located between Rosemary Avenue and Quadrille Boulevard and between Datura and Evernia streets.